Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a really fast and tasty "home cooking" sort of dinner. I top it with my Recipe #73236 but you could use any kind of drop biscuit. You could also use a can of refrigerated biscuits if you'd like. In that case I would cut each one in 4 pieces and then sprinkle them on the top. This recipe is adapted from one in JoAnna Lund's "Cooking Healthy With a Man In Mind."
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can low-fat cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄4 cup fat free sour cream
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons onion flakes
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 3⁄4 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup sliced cooked carrot (frozen or a can, drained)
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Spray an 8x8-inch pan with cooking spray.
- In a large pan mix the soup, sour cream, and seasoning.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until it is hot and bubbly.
- Add the chicken and veggies.
- Stir it well to combine.
- Pour it into your prepared pan.
- Top it with some sort of biscuits.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until the top is nicely browned.
This is a very good chicken dish! I had to substitute frozen green beans , in place of the peas, because I didn't have any ... but it was still maahvelous :) It got 3 thumbs up in our house! :) Thanks for sharing!!
Yum! This was so tasty and so easy to throw together! The only change I made was to use canned peas instead of frozen. I will definitely be making this one again! Thanks ladypit!
This didn't taste lowfat at all. It was quite creamy and great comfort food. I added a bit of hot sauce to spice it up a bit. We had a windstorm, the power is out and I'm cooking with a microwave powered by a generator. I had leftover turkey so it all went together easily, and it cooked beautifully in the microwave. Dh picked up some bakery rolls on his way home so they became our "dumplings". Thanks, ladypit.