Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This salad is perfect for a summertime lunch or light dinner. It is easy to prepare ahead for a picnic or potluck: just assemble immediately before serving. Time-Saving Tip: I use the pre-prepared grilled chicken breasts from the grocery store to make this quick and stress-free after a long workday. Keep in mind that the "cooking time" is actually the minimum "chilling time."
- 24 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, grilled
- 1⁄2 cup honey dijon mustard
- 1⁄3 cup prepared Italian salad dressing (creamy works best)
- 1 (10 ounce) package fresh spinach leaves, cleaned and stems removed
- 1 small cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, toasted and coarsely chopped
- Slice chicken breast into thin strips and set aside.
- Blend honey mustard and prepared dressing in a small bowl. Chill until serving time.
- Mix spinach, cabbage, and onion in large bowl. Chill at least 30 minutes.
- When ready to serve, stir dressing mixture into spinach mixture; toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange on a large serving platter or individual serving plates. Top with grilled chicken and pecans. Serve immediately.