Recipe by JoyfulCook
Its a lovely spicy way to cook meat on a barbecue or under a grill, so easy to make and delicious tasting. Made this week in error as I had defrosted the wrong meat and still had to come up with something for dinner that day! it was most enjoyable.
- 3 -4 chicken thighs, boned, skinned
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon cumin, powder
- 2 tablespoons coriander, powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, course black
- 2 teaspoons oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak 3-4 bamboo satay sticks in water for a couple of hours beforehand.
- Chop the meat up into largish pieces.
- Place all the ingredients in a medium flat dish, mixing well and add the meat making sure that the pieces have been covered with the marinade.
- Place in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- Thread the meat onto the satay sticks, making sure that the pieces are pushed together firmly but not jammed on.
- Cook on the barbecue or under the grill until nicely cooked roughly about 8 -10 minutes, this varies according to the size of the meat.
- Serve with salads.
- Chicken thighs have more flavor than checken breasts and its not so dry.