Recipe by Kasha
Quick and inexpensive to make, full of fiber. Use different sorts of cooked beans, I like white cannellini beans.
- 2 cups cooked beans
- 1 beaten egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs or 1 cup cracker crumb
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal or 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, mash beans. Add egg and spices and stir to mix evenly.
- Stir in bread crumbs. If mixture seems too wet add more breadcrumbs, 1 Tablespoon at a time until mixture resembles meatloaf.
- Shape into little sausages or patties. Roll in cornmeal or flour.
- Fry slowly in vegetable oil over medium heat until crusty and golden brown.
- Serve in place of hamburgers and add toppings
- Serve in place of breakfast sausage.