Recipe by children from A to Z
From Simple & Delicious. Made from a box cake, this truly is simple & delicious.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions, adding nutmeg and ginger to dry ingredients.
- Pour into a greased 13x9 baking pan.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minute or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat cream and confectioners' sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in extract.
- Spread over cake.
- Store in the refrigerator.