Recipe by alligirl
Taken from Harris Teeter web site (which states - originally from Sara Lee) for ZWT. "This decadent trifle features pound cake layered with coconut cream pudding, bananas, pineapple, toasted coconut and macadamia nuts."
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) package frozen pound cake, thawed
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) packageinstant coconut cream pudding and pie filling or 1 (3 1/2 ounce) packagebanana cream pudding and pie filling
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons coconut rum, divided
- 1 cup caramel topping
- 3 bananas, thinly sliced
- 2⁄3 cup shredded coconut, toasted
- 1⁄3 cup macadamia nuts, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut pound cake into 1-inch cubes. Set aside.
- Drain pineapple; reserving juice.
- Place pudding mix, whipping cream, sour cream, sugar, reserved pineapple juice and 2 tablespoons of the coconut rum in a large bowl.
- Beat at medium-high speed with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Combine remaining 2 tablespoon of coconut rum and ice cream topping in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on High until warmed.
- Layer pound cake cubes in 4 Martini or dessert glasses.
- Drizzle caramel topping mixture over pound cake.
- Top with coconut cream mixture and bananas.
- Garnish with pineapple tidbits, toasted coconut and macadamia nuts.