Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This delightful punch was served along with a lovely assortment of fresh fruit at an afternoon function I attended this past summer. Much to my surprise this was a recipe I had overlooked in one of our community cookbooks 'A Taste Of Heaven' The unusual combination of ingredients makes for a real winner that tastes as good as it looks. For those special occasions set up a serving station with a lovely white tablecloth along with your favorite punch bowl and glasses - you will have your guests oohing and aahing before they take their first sip.
- 4 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 (8 ounce) bag strawberries (I use 16 ounce size)
- 1 (2 liter) bottle ginger ale
- 1 (2 liter) bottle 7-Up soda
- 1 (2 liter) bottlered cream soda
- maraschino cherry (make a nice addition )
- Chill the pineapple juice, ginger ale, 7-up and cream soda overnight.
- Pour the pineapple juice into a large punch bowl.
- Add the strawberries.
- (I slice the strawberries) Just before serving add equal amounts of ginger ale, 7-up, and red cream soda.
Great recipe, and as noted by just about everybody else, we couldn't find red cream soda in our store, but got a similar item to replace, and didn't feel the recipe suffered one bit. We didn't have any leftovers, either!
Was going to cut this recipe down some, but am glad I didn't, 'cause it was all gone before the night was over! Couldn't find any red cream soda, though, but that didn't cause a problem ~ This punch TASTES GREAT! Definitely a keeper around here! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup cooking game]
Very yummy. I couldn't find red cream soda so used regular. Obviously mine was not as pink as otherwise. I used fresh strawberries and lightly crushed them so the juice would color the punch somewhat. We served this at a baby shower and it was a hit. Thanks for posting.