Recipe by KissKiss
This is a much easier recipe than traditional tarte tatin, and the flavor is incredible. Your house will smell amazing while it's cooking!
Top Review by susie cooks
You are so right about my house smelling wonderful!! This is such an easy recipe! My family actually thought I could bake! I served this warm with Vanilla Bean ice cream. Excellent! Very impressive! Made for ZWT 5.
- 4 ounces light brown sugar (packed)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (scant)
- 3 small granny smith apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 0.5 (17 1/3 ounce) package frozen puff pastry, thawed (one sheet)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cover the bottom of a greased and/or non-stick cake pan with the brown sugar, pressing down so it is firm. Sprinkle the cinnamon evenly over the sugar.
- Arrange the apple slices over the cinnamon, fanning them out from the center and overlapping.
- Place the sheet of thawed puff pastry over the apples and cut off the excess corners.
- Cook for 40 minutes or until puff pastry is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest on wire rack for 5-10 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. Make sure that your serving plate is tightly placed on top of cake pan before flipping it - the sauce is extremely hot and can scald you.