- 2 medium shallots, chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh tarragon (1/2 t dried)
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup vegetable stock, divided
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat shallots, tarragon and wine to boiling in a small saucepan; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until mixture is reduced to 1/4 cup.
- Add 1/2 cup stock; heat to boiling.
- Mix flour and remaining stock; stir into boiling mixture.
- Boil until thickened (sauce will be thin), stirring constantly.
- Stir in salt and pepper.