Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A very simple yet lovely flavor combination.
- 8 small carrots, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon honey
- Cook carrots in salted water until tender, drain.
- Melt butter in a small sauce pan, add remaining ingredients and stir to mix.
- Place carrots in a serving dish, pour butter over them and toss.
Very nice. Used dried tarragon, as I don't know where to find fresh stuff, and was still very good. I served this with mashed potatoes and honey-mustard glazed boneless pork fillets, which went very well together. I'll be making this again :)
The sauce just makes this vegetable sing. Wonderful! Thank-you.
This is a great addition to my vegetable files. Made it when I had fresh tarragon growing and will repeat it this summer when my herbs are ready. Should have rated it sooner but got sidetracked. Thanks for something a little different.