1/1 Photo of Tapioca Pearls in Rose Jelly
I found some really cool rose cooking wine and decided to make a dessert recipe with it. I got my base recipe here. The use of agar agar is something I wouldn't have even known about without seeing this site. http://www.kh-foods.com.tw/pro_recipes2.htm There is also some great information about it here http://www.wikihow.com/Use-Agar-Agar
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook tapioca pearls until translucent; cool.
- 2Place agar agar in pot with water and let stand for few minutes.
- 3When the agar agar has become sticky, add sugar and start to cook. Boil for 7-8 minutes, until the liquid has reduced to about one third of the original amount. Stir in the rose wine.
- 4Put the pot in a cold water bath and continue to stir as the mixture cools.
- 5When cool strain the tapioca pearls and add to the agar agar.
- 6Place the mixture in a mold and allow to cool in the refrigerator or an ice water bath.
Browse Our Top Gelatin Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Gelatin Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tapioca Pearls in Rose Jelly
Serving Size: 1 (128 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 278.5
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 50.7 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: