Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is copied off an amazing vegan salad found at the Apple Valley Market deli in Berrien Springs, Michigan. I use canola oil mayo, so it isn't vegan anymore, but they use tofunnaise....
- 3 sweet potatoes or 3 yams
- 1⁄2 green pepper, minced
- 1⁄2 jalapeno, minced
- 6 green olives, chopped
- 3 scallions, green parts, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- salt and pepper
- Roast or boil the potatoes and let cool.
- Chop potatoes roughly (without the skins), and add the other vegetables.
- Add the mayo, lemon juice and salt and pepper.
- Mix well--some of the potato will break down and add to the sauce.