Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is an extremely easy, impressive appetizer. It is a pampered chef recipe that my friend and I tweaked until we got it just right. You can adjust the heat to your liking. (I prefer the heat, so I use 3 jalapeños.) You can also double this and use a larger sized Brie to accommodate a bigger crowd.
- 1⁄4 cup pecan halves, chopped
- 1 -3 jalapeno pepper, seeded & chopped
- 1⁄4 cup apricot preserves
- 1 -3 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 (4 inch) brie cheese, 4-inch round-room temp
- 1 French baguette, sliced
- vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In small bowl combine peppers, apricot preserves & garlic.
- Cut the brie in half horizontally.
- Place one half of brie cut side up onto center of a large round stone.
- Spread half the apricot mixture on top.
- Top w/ half the pecans.
- Place remaining brie on top (cut side up).
- Spread remaining apricot mixture on top & top off w/ remaining pecans.
- Arrange the baguette slices around the brie.
- spray/brush w/ vegetable oil.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until baguette slices are golden brown & Brie begins to soften.
- Removed from oven; let stand 5 minutes before serving.
This is a very tasting and impressive appetizer. I made it without the addition of the garlic cloves and 1 jalapeno. Surprisingly, the jalapeno flavor is very mild so I think I could have added more. The stone not only toasts the bread nicely, but keeps everything warm once out of the oven.