Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 lemons
- 1 liter water
- 1⁄2 cup jaggery or 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 inch fresh ginger
- 5 -6 mint leaves
- Extract juice of lemons, keep aside.
- Tie peel, seeds, in a small muslin bag.
- Bruise ginger, add to sugar and 1/2 cup water in a pan.
- (Chill remaining water in a large jug.) Stir and cook over low heat till sugar dissolves.
- Add peel-bag to the boiling mixture.
- Once sugar is fully dissolved, boil on high for 2-3 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature, remove bag.
- Strain mixture and add juice of lemons.
- Add to chilled water.
- Add chopped mint leaves.
- Whisk well with a hand mixie or in liquidiser for a few seconds on high.
- Serve chilled.
Awesome! This drink totally rocks!
Light and refreshing! I used only 1/4 cup of jaggery to taste. I've always loved ginger and lemon together. Thanks, Char. cg