Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a perfect addition to any bbq, picnic or potluck. It's creamy, tangy, and a little bit different from regular old potato salad.
- 5 lbs red potatoes (leave skin on or off, your preference)
- 1 cup mayonnaise (no miracle whip)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 -2 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 3 -5 tablespoons white vinegar (depending on taste)
- salt and pepper
- Cut potatoes in bite size chunks and boil in lightly salted water until tender.
- In a large bowl mix all other ingredients.
- Add potatoes to dressing and combine well.
- Chill and serve!
Spring PAC 2009: Mmmmm - I love this potato salad too - you Deviled Potato Salad is awesome too!
Really good and couldn't be simpler. The fresh basil is a really different addition to potato salad as I know it, but it was delicious!
I made this for a potluck at church and tripled the recipe. I tasted it but that was all because it was almost all gone by the time I got to it. Thanks for posting. PAC Spring '08