Recipe by catercow
This is a little something I made up for my 2 year anniversary dinner with my boyfriend. He had just discovered he has very high cholesterol so I went on a mission to create a very healthy dinner that he would enjoy---and it turned out fantastic! Hope you all enjoy as well!
- 3 boneless skinless chicken cutlets
- 1⁄3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 -3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 red pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 yellow pepper, diced
- 1 (8 ounce) can green beans, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can no-salt-added corn, drained
- garlic powder
- Mrs Dash's extra spicy seasoning
- 6 pieces iceberg lettuce, whole
- 3 cups whole grain brown rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Measure out the soy sauce in a measuring cup, fill to 1/2 marking with lemon juice and then fill to 1 cup with water. Marinate the chicken 1/2 hour to 3 hours in this sauce. When finished marinating, dice the chicken into cubes.
- Cook the brown rice as directed (it helps to add garlic powder to the water).
- Cook the chicken in a large frying pan until fully cooked. Add garlic powder and spicy seasoning.
- Add the peppers, green beans, corn and spices and cook 5 minutes on med-high. Add a little bit of your marinade and continue to cook another 5 more minutes.
- Use each piece of lettuce as a wrap, putting rice and chicken mix into each piece and folding it together.