I created this recipe by fooling around with some ingredients. The result is a wonderful tangy marinade with a bit of a kick that I use on steaks, pork chops, roast pork and even deer meat. This is especially good for a tough cut of meat. I frequently use this for london broil and marinate overnight. If I use for a pork roast, I add more maple syrup to make it sweeter and then baste the pork roast with it when it is cooking in the oven. ETA: You can also use Agave nectar in place of honey or maple syrup as a low glycemic option.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/8 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (pure maple syrup is best) or 1/4 cup honey or 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil or 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1Mix red wine vinegar, soy sauce, maple syrup, ginger, mustard.
- 2Stir well.
- 3Taste for your own taste preferences.
- 4It should have a sweet tangy taste.
- 5Add garlic, sesame oil and optional red pepper flakes.
- 6Mix well.
- 7Pour into ziploc bag, add meat and press out all air.
- 8Marinate in fridge for several hours shaking the contents often as the oil will separate.
- 9I usually marinate overnight, but a couple hours is fine too.
- 10Marinating overnight makes the meat extremely tender and flavorful.
- 11The soy sauce measurement is low for our taste preference as we don't like it's salty taste.
- 12You can adjust however you wish to your liking.
- 13I don't measure any of the ingredients and I add alot of ginger and red pepper flakes because we like the additional kick.
Browse Our Top Marinades and Rubs Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Marinades and Rubs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tangy Beef or Pork Marinade
Serving Size: 1 (219 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 82.7
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 337.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 0.8 g