Recipe by Karen From Colorado
These breasts are also good served in pita bread with yogurt sauce as a sandwich.
Top Review by Charishma_Ramchandani
This is an excellent mouth watering dish. I was so happy today when my brother enjoyed every piece of the grilled tandoori chicken(made me feel like a Jewish mother)! I used one whole chicken instead of just the breasts. For one whole chicken, for marinating I used the juice of 1 1/2 lemon, 1 whole garlic plus 2 more cloves of garlic(made into paste), 1 1/2 inch piece of ginger(made into paste), 3/4 tsp. cardamom powder, 1 tsp. red chilli powder, 3/4 cup yogurt and 1/4 tsp. red food colour. We made the marinade yesterday evening and marinated the chicken pieces in it overnight. It was a huge success!! In my oven, however, I had to grill it for 25 minutes and only then it was ready to eat. I'm going to be making this over and over again for my brother and mom. Thank You so much for this great meal! Another success after your very popular glazed nuts:)
- 4 pieces chicken breasts, about 12 ounces
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons finely chopped ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly score chicken breasts 3 or 4 times with a sharp knife.
- Place in a med bowl.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Toss to coat.
- Combine yogurt, garlic, ginger, cardamom and red pepper in a small bowl.
- Add to chicken.
- Coat well with marinade.
- Cover and chill for at least 1 hour or over night.
- Remove chicken from refrigerator 15 minutes before cooking.
- Preheat broiler.
- Line broiler pan with foil.
- Arrange chicken on foil without the chicken touching.
- Brush with remaining marinade.
- Broil 3 inches from heat for 5 to 6 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in the center.