Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the tamarind paste, sugar and water in a small pot and bring to a simmer on medium low heat.
- Stir while sugar dissolves.
- You should have a syrup the consistency of maple syrup.
- If it's thicker add a bit of water and cook another minute.
- This will thicken up a bit when cool but still pourable.
- Pour into a sterile jar or bottle.
- This will keep for 3 or 4 days on the counter.
- To serve combine 1/4 cup syrup with 1/2 cup water or sparkling water, stir and add 3 or 4 ice cubes.