Recipe by Jostlori
COOKING TIME INCLUDES MARINATING TIME! After looking at a lot of similar recipes, I combined all my favorite flavors into one sweet glaze. The recipe was developed for shrimp, but it can be used on boneless chicken or tofu for a vegetarian option.
- 3 tablespoons tamarind paste
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar, unseasoned
- 1 tablespoon ginger juice or 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, finely minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- sesame oil
- 12 jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a non-reactive bowl, mix well.
- Add cornstarch and whisk until no lumps remain.
- Add shrimp to mixture and marinate for one hour.
- In a non-stick pan, add a bit of sesame oil, just enough to coat lightly, and heat.
- Add shrimp and cook for three minutes until shrimp is just done, but not overcooked.
- Serve immediately over basmati rice, pouring sauce over shrimp.