Recipe by COOKGIRl
A major addiction. I have these all the time at my favorite natural food restaurants around town. Good alone, or on salads, sandwiches, in trail mix, etc. An important note: be certain you start off with fresh sunflower seeds.
- 2 cups raw sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 1 tablespoon bland oil (corn, safflower, etc.)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt-free garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt-free onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Toss all the ingredients together thoroughly in a mixing bowl.
- Arrange and spread the seed mixture on a large baking sheet.
- Roast for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally until sunflower seeds are medium brown on all sides and all the tamari has evaporated. *WATCH* roasting process carefully.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. Store in airtight container.