Tasty, simple, satisfying. Serve with a nice cool, crisp salad.
Make and share this Tamale Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (11 ounce) can corn (drained)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 -3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can olives (sliced, drained)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) box corn muffin mix
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Brown ground beef over medium high heat in a skillet. Drain and return to skillet.
- Add tomato sauce, corn, sugar, chili powder, olives, garlic and chili. Simmer 20 minutes.
- Pour into casserole dish. Top with cheese.
- Prepare cornbread as directed. Top chili mixture.
- Bake uncovered for 35-40 minutes.