Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is great, and has no pastry covering. Not for the calorie conscious :D. From Talula's restaurant
- 6 (4 -6 ounce) brie cheese, rounds
- 12 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 4 1⁄4 cups honey
- freshly cracked pepper
- 2 French baguettes, cut in fourths
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place Brie in 6 individual baking dishes. Place 2 garlic halves in each dish around Brie. Pour 3/4 cup honey over each Brie. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Quickly heat baguette slices in oven.
- Serve Brie hot with crispy baguette slices alongside.
I had a few issues with this. I usually really enjoy baked cheeses and try to use them as starters regularly as they are so easy, versatile and flavourful. I liked the honey/garlic combo, but unfortunately the cooking time was a problem. The garlic was undercooked and the brie was totally melted, so in future I would recommend baking the garlic for about 20 minutes before adding it to the cheese, then baking the cheese for 5 minutes. The honey/cheese flavour was lovely, but the garlic definitely needs to be cooked longer for flavor and the cheese less for presentability. Reviewed for photo tag 2008
since this was the first shot at making this I reduced the amounts, will make again soon, we enjoyed this, thanks for sharing Marra!...Kitten:)
This was a really yummy appetizer! I cut the recipe back to 1 serving (Used only 1 Brie Round) and split it with a friend... the two of us had this gobbled up fast! We drank a Dry White Wine with it to help cut some of the sweetness. Made for Newest Zaar Tags, glad I did - Great Recipe!