Super easy and makes a lot - great for leftovers. My mom always made this great casserole for family picnics and potlucks. Everyone loved it, but my dad's brother was a fanatic! I believe this casserole was originally based on a Spanish dish. My mom's recipe called for black olives, but she never used them nor do I.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown ground beef with chopped onion until beef is thoroughly cooked and onion is soft and translucent. Drain fat.
- 2Place DRY noodles in bottom of 9x13 pan.
- 3Spread ground beef mixture evenly across the noodles.
- 4Drain 2 cans of corn and spread in pan on top of ground beef.
- 5Open tomatoes, but DO NOT drain. Layer in pan evenly, breaking tomatoes up slightly so that the tomatoes are evenly dispersed.
- 6Cut Velveeta cheese into 8 thick slices and layer on top of casserole. You can substitute other processed cheese loaf-type cheese, but be aware that some do not melt well on this casserole, so I always use Velveeta.
- 7Bake 45-60 minutes at 350 degrees (no need to preheat oven) until cheese is melted and brown.
- 8Noodles will be cooked and soft - infused with the flavors of the ingredients. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tallerina Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (251 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 371.3
- Calories from Fat 138
- Total Fat 15.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 77.3 mg
- Sodium 746.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 21.3 g