Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Super easy and makes a lot - great for leftovers. My mom always made this great casserole for family picnics and potlucks. Everyone loved it, but my dad's brother was a fanatic! I believe this casserole was originally based on a Spanish dish. My mom's recipe called for black olives, but she never used them nor do I.
- Brown ground beef with chopped onion until beef is thoroughly cooked and onion is soft and translucent. Drain fat.
- Place DRY noodles in bottom of 9x13 pan.
- Spread ground beef mixture evenly across the noodles.
- Drain 2 cans of corn and spread in pan on top of ground beef.
- Open tomatoes, but DO NOT drain. Layer in pan evenly, breaking tomatoes up slightly so that the tomatoes are evenly dispersed.
- Cut Velveeta cheese into 8 thick slices and layer on top of casserole. You can substitute other processed cheese loaf-type cheese, but be aware that some do not melt well on this casserole, so I always use Velveeta.
- Bake 45-60 minutes at 350 degrees (no need to preheat oven) until cheese is melted and brown.
- Noodles will be cooked and soft - infused with the flavors of the ingredients. Enjoy!