1/1 Photo of Tailgating Burgers
Here's a great recipe for a burger to wow the tailgating crowd, or for any gathering of friends/family. The topping has tangy zing to it, and the hamburger mixture is made with some ingredients you don't usually see in the mix. Aged cheddar or a smoked provolone cheese will add the final touch to this new twist on the standard hamburger. Goes great with baked beans, corn, or any of your usual tailgating side dishes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup crushed potato chips, crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely diced onion
- 1 ounce hidden valley original ranch dressing mix
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1Heat oil in medium saucepan until hot. Add the diced onions and cook over medium heat until translucent, about 3-5 minutes. Let cool.
- 2Meanwhile, combine ground beef, seasoning mix, parsley, and potato chip crumbs in large bowl. Add cooked onions and mix well. Form into 6 patties.
- 3For topping, mix together jalapeno jelly, sour cream, diced red pepper, and minced jalapeno. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to use.
- 4Grill patties 4-6 minutes per side or until meat is no longer pink in the center, adding slices of cheese the last 2 minutes of grilling. Top with about 2 tablespoons of topping. Put into buns and serve.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tailgating Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (204 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 310.7
- Calories from Fat 161
- Total Fat 17.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 102.5 mg
- Sodium 107.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 30.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
original ranch dressing mix