Recipe by Pastryismybiz
Tahini Sauce is made from tahini- a sesame seed paste. Tahini sauce is on the thin side and is used in pita sandwiches, marinades and dips. It is very easy to make. Store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator and it will keep for about 2 weeks. Popular with Falafel Sandwiches;Falafel
- 1⁄2 cup tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon parsley, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor or mortar and pestle, combine garlic and tahini. Add salt.
- Remove from food processor and add olive oil and lemon juice. If too thick add a tsp of warm water until desired consistency.
- Mix in parsley.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate.