Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Tahini Sauce is made from tahini- a sesame seed paste. Tahini sauce is on the thin side and is used in pita sandwiches, marinades and dips. It is very easy to make. Store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator and it will keep for about 2 weeks. Popular with Falafel Sandwiches;Falafel
- 1⁄2 cup tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon parsley, chopped (optional)
- In a food processor or mortar and pestle, combine garlic and tahini. Add salt.
- Remove from food processor and add olive oil and lemon juice. If too thick add a tsp of warm water until desired consistency.
- Mix in parsley.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate.
Great recipe however I suggest only 2 Tbs. of lemon juice. Thanks!
Outstanding!! I took a trip to Israel a few years back and have been unable to replicate the taste of the tahini sauce until now. Thank you for this amazing recipe!!
This is the same Tahini Sauce recipe I got from a Lebanese friend. It's superb!