Recipe by Sharon123
A Pampered Chef winner! One of my favorites. The crust is sugar cookie dough! Did you know taffy originated in Germany? And apples are used extensively in Germany too! I guess that makes this a German recipe!(lol)
Top Review by ratherbeswimmin'
The kids and I made this over the weekend. What fun we had. Tasted awesome. Cookie dough crust and peanut butter went together well and had a very rich taste. We all thought the "pizza" was delicious and would definitely make again. Thanks for posting.
- 1 (18 ounce) package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 medium granny smith apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1 cup carbonated lemon-lime beverage
- ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup caramel ice cream topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Put sliced apples into the lemon-lime soda to soak so they won't brown.
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Roll cookie dough into a 12-inch circle on a 13" baking stone that has been lightly floured.
- Bake approximately 5 minutes longer than directions on package say. (My package says 10-12 minutes, so bake about 15 minutes.).
- Let cool.
- In a bowl, mix peanut butter, cream cheese, sugar and vanilla.
- Spread over cooled cookie crust.
- Then drain apples and arrange in a spiral, to cover entire "pizza".
- Srinkle with cinnamon and pour over caramel topping.
- It's ready to serve!