JR Tumas's Note:
Basic grilled skirt steak tacos.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 medium white onions, sliced into 1/2 inch rounds (keep the rounds intact for easy grilling)
- 3 garlic cloves (peeled and roughly chopped)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin (preferably freshly ground)
- 1 lb skirt steak, trimmed of surface fat as well as silver skin
- olive oil, for brushing the onions and meat
- 12 warm fresh corn tortillas
- lime wedge, for serving
- 1Marinate the meat for at least one hour in a mixture of 1/2 onion and the garlic, lime juice, cumin and a 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- 2Grill peppers and onion over open flame until blackened.
- 3Remove excess marinade, oil steak lightly and grill (1 1/2- 2 minutes for medium rare).
- 4Cut steak into strips making sure to cut against the grain.
- 5Combine with grilled onions and peppers.
- 6Serve with corn tortillas.
- 7Sprinkle just before serving with lime wedges.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tacos De Arrachera Al Carbon
Serving Size: 1 (270 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 419.0
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 66.8 mg
- Sodium 122.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 35.1 g