Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I created this easy and fun appetizer to serve our guests at Peach Brandy Cottage. It appeals to every age group, and is vegetarian and healthy. We get lots of requests for this recipe.
- 8 large flour tortillas
- 1 (31 ounce) can fat-free refried beans
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream (can use Reduced Fat)
- 1⁄8 cup taco seasoning (1 pkg)
- 3 scallions, chopped
- In one bowl, mash Refried Beans, add up to 1/2 cup water if necessary to make spreadable. (Beans should be the consistancy of peanut butter.)
- In another bowl, mix Sour Cream, Taco Seasoning, and chopped green onion.
- Spread 1/8 of Refried Beans on each Tortilla, then spread 1/8 Sour Cream mixture on each, overlapping bean mixture. Roll up.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight, so flavors can blend. (Can be served immediately if you prefer.)
- Slice off unfilled ends, then slice remaining roll into 8 pieces.
- Garnish with Cilantro, if desired.
I'm happy to be the first to rate this. I was told to bring something to work at the last minute. I picked up the ingredients at the store, but of course I forgot the green onions. I was concerned these would get soggy overnight, but they held up wonderfully. Apparently my package of flour tortillas was too small, because I had quite a bit of beans and sauce left over. My son took the sauce and ate it as a dip for tortilla chips. I've already bought the ingredients to make this for another party. This would probably be good with some ground beef added to the beans for a heartier meal.