Recipe by ilovebakedgoods
My friend won a soup contest for this soup. I do not know from where it originates, I just know that it is yummy and spicy! I prefer to eat it with the tortilla chips on top while they are still crunchy. I also plan to try this with shredded or cubed chicken breast.
Top Review by Mysterygirl
This is a great recipe to feed your family on a week night. Quick, easy, tasty and most importantly, kid pleasing. This will definitely be made on a regular basis in my house. Thanks for such a great recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 2 (15 1/4 ounce) cans whole kernel corn, undrained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans ranch-style pinto beans, undrained
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained (I use Ro-tel)
- red pepper
- crushed tortilla chips
- shredded cheddar cheese, for topping (I use shredded Mexican cheese)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan (I use a Dutch-oven), cook beef until no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in taco seasoning, cumin, red pepper, corn, beans and tomatoes.
- Cover and simmer for at least 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place tortilla chips in soup bowls; ladle soup over chips.
- Sprinkle with cheese.