Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Never use store-bought Taco seasoning again! Chances are you already have the ingredients on hand.
- 6 teaspoons chili powder
- 5 teaspoons paprika
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons onion salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Combine all ingredients in an air-tight container. Mix by shaking well or stirring with a fork. Store in a dry place for up to 6 months.
- Makes 1/2 cup
- 2 1/2 T equals one packet of store bought taco seasoning.
Just what I needed for a mexican style meal, with lots left over for next time. I went a little heavier with the garlic, just personal preference and like Boomette I used onion powder vs onion salt. I only used 1/2 the amount of chili powder and that's suiting my young diners well. Thanks!
This is great! I didn't use salt and also I used onion powder instead of onion salt. I used it in recipe#351650 Thanks ChefCO Mom :) Made for Cookbook tag game
I forgot to give you your five stars. I'd give more if I could.