Recipe by Cookin' Mommy
Your family will enjoy this quick and hearty dish. Add a tossed salad and have a complete meal! Adapted from a recipe website.
Top Review by Krista Smith
This was a quick, easy, yummy recipe! Just the way I like them!! I think to make it even easier and a bit more flavorful, next time I'll used packaged taco seasoning instead of the chili powder, cumin, etc. I'll probably add a bit of sour cream and some shredded lettuce to the top of each serving as well just to make it more taco-y! Thanks for a great recipe! I know we'll be eating this often!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped fine
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes
- 16 ounces elbow macaroni, cooked according to pakage directions
- 1 1⁄2 cups reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup evaporated skim milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Saute onion, garlic, and red pepper 3-5 minute or until soft.
- Add ground beef and cook until browned.
- Drain off any excess fat.
- Add spices and tomatoes and cook 5 minute.
- Stir in cooked macaroni, cheese, and evaporated skim milk.
- cover and simmer 5 minute or until cheese melts.