Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is really good and a nice comfort food. I imagine it would be good to also cook for a superbowl party or other gathering. It doesn't take many slices to fill you up, though! I came up with this one day when a local restaurant was closing and the taco pizza was my favorite item there. I think this is as good as theirs. I found it fun and easy to make too.
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb pork sausage
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 14 1⁄2 ounces of canned diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 1⁄4 ounces taco seasoning mix (about 1 1/2 envelopes)
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 2 cups chopped lettuce
- 1 cup diced fresh tomato
- 1⁄2 cup diced olive
- 1⁄2 cup sliced onion
- sour cream (optional)
- 1 (14 inch) prepared pizza crust
- nacho cheese flavored tortilla chips
- Bake the crust according to package directions. Set this aside.
- Brown the sausage and beef. Drain grease.
- Add tomato paste, canned tomatoes, taco seasoning and water. Bring to a boil then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Spread this mixture over the crust. Place the Nacho chips over this mixture in a single layer.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the chips.
- Bake in oven at 400F for 10-15 minutes, until the cheese has melted.
- Remove from oven. Top with the lettuce, fresh tomato, olives, onions and sour cream.