Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
With this recipe you can use now, or omit the meat and water and store in a airtight container to use within six months. And make sure you put a little note with it telling you how much water to add when cooking. :)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 teaspoons instant minced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon instant minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Brown ground beef and drain.
- In another bowl mix all dry ingredients and then add to ground beef with the water.
- Heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
I had some leftover homemade salsa and a bunch of tortillia chips I had to use up so decided to make taco salads. This was a great and flavorful addition. I did add 1 tbsp rather than 1 tsp of chili powder and cut the red pepper flakes to 1/4 tsp to cut down on heat. I also felt like I needed more water but I don't know how much I used, I just 'felt' my way through. I also chopped up an onion and cooked it with the meat and left out the instant minced kind. This was very good, as easy as a mix and I always keep these ingredients on hand. It would also be a fun item to jar up and give to people as presents in a basket with tortillias, salsa etc. Just make sure you tell them how much to use and how much water to add. Thanks for posting this great and easy recipe.