Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Adapted from Company's Coming "Meals in Minutes"
Make and share this Taco Loaf recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup refried beans
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies (optional)
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix, I use recipe 4292
- 1 French bread, loaf cut in half lengthwise
- 1 tomatoes, diced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped (optional)
- 12 -16 teaspoons sour cream (optional)
- Fry ground beef and onion in medium frying pan for about 5 minutes until beef is no longer pink. Add red and green peppers. Sauté for 2 minutes. Drain. You can skip this step by using Recipe #31008 from your freezer.
- Add refried beans, green chilies (if using) and taco seasoning. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring often, until heated through.
- Divide and spread beef mixture on each loaf half. Transfer to ungreased baking sheet.
- Divide and sprinkle toppings over beef mixture. Broil about 8 inches from heat for 1 to 2 minutes until hot and cheese is melted. Each half cuts into 6 to 8 pieces, for a total of 12 to 16 pieces.
- Top each slice with 1 tsp sour cream if desired.
We LOVED this! Quick to throw together, economical and very tasty! Thanks for posting!!