1/2 Photos of Taco Loaf
* Pamela *'s Note:
Adapted from Company's Coming "Meals in Minutes"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup refried beans
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies (optional)
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix, I use recipe 4292
- 1 French bread, loaf cut in half lengthwise
- 12 -16 teaspoons sour cream (optional)
- 1Fry ground beef and onion in medium frying pan for about 5 minutes until beef is no longer pink. Add red and green peppers. Sauté for 2 minutes. Drain. You can skip this step by using All Purpose Ground Meat Mix from your freezer.
- 2Add refried beans, green chilies (if using) and taco seasoning. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring often, until heated through.
- 3Divide and spread beef mixture on each loaf half. Transfer to ungreased baking sheet.
- 4Divide and sprinkle toppings over beef mixture. Broil about 8 inches from heat for 1 to 2 minutes until hot and cheese is melted. Each half cuts into 6 to 8 pieces, for a total of 12 to 16 pieces.
- 5Top each slice with 1 tsp sour cream if desired.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Taco Loaf
Serving Size: 1 (1461 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 185.3
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 36.1 mg
- Sodium 262.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 13.0 g