Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This sounds like something that would be quick and easy to make.
- 1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 2 cups crushed corn chips, divided
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 cup sour cream (8 ounces)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
- Unroll crescent dough into a rectangle; press onto the bottom and 1 inch up the sides of a greased 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish.
- Seal seams and perforations.
- Sprinkle with 1 cup of chips; set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in tomato sauce and taco seasoning; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Spoon over chips.
- Top with sour cream, cheese and remaining chips.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until crust is lightly browned.
This has become a family favorite. I have been making it for quite some time and didn't realize I hadn't reviewed it. I love the corn chips..most taco casseroles use doritos which I think get soggy too quickly. The corn chips stay nice and crunchy! Thanks for a great recipe that pleases everyone.
This was really quite good. Quick & easy - I used whole wheat crescents and didn't have corn chips so I used whole wheat tortilla chips. The crunch of the chips was great. I'll make this again.
Big hit! The kids decided this will replace our regular taco casserole.