I was looking for an easy way to use ingredients I had in my pantry. This was it. My son loved it so much he made me post it online.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (20 ounce) package ground turkey
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen vegetables, I used the TJ's frozen peas, carrots, corn blend
- 1 (16 ounce) jar picante sauce, I used mild
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, lightly drained
- 1 (16 ounce) package marie callender's cornbread mix
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Brown ground turkey until cooked through. While cooking, drain beans and mix with spices. Drain fat off of meat and add picante sauce and black beans, stir well and simmer on low heat. Add 3/4 of shredded cheese. Stir lightly. Mix cornbread mix with water and set aside.
- 3Spray a 9x12 pyrex dish with cooking spray.
- 4Remove ground turkey mixture from stove and pour evenly into bottom of greased pyrex dish. Add frozen veggies on top of meat mixture. Add remaining cheese. Pour mixed corn bread ontop of frozen veggies. Bake in the oven uncovered for 40 minutes or unitl golden brown. Crust should be firm but not too dry. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Taco Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (465 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1075.8
- Calories from Fat 367
- Total Fat 40.8 g
- Saturated Fat 16.0 g
- Cholesterol 152.0 mg
- Sodium 2352.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 122.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 20.5 g
- Sugars 28.9 g
- Protein 58.8 g