Recipe by nkoprince08
I got this off of a low sodium website. This is a great alternative to other higher sodium casseroles. It is also very easy to make and tastes great!!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can no-salt-added kidney beans
- 12 corn tortillas
- 3⁄4 cup swiss cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet over medium heat, saute the ground beef, onion, pepper, and garlic until the beef is done; drain off excess fat.
- Add tomato sauce, tomatoes, and spices; simmer for 2 minutes.
- Place a layer of 4 tortillas in the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch baking pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray; place a layer of the beef mixture over top, then 4 more tortillas, the beans, the final 4 tortillas, and the rest of the beef mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese and return to oven until cheese has melted.