I got this off of a low sodium website. This is a great alternative to other higher sodium casseroles. It is also very easy to make and tastes great!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can no-salt-added kidney beans
- 12 corn tortillas
- 3/4 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1In a skillet over medium heat, saute the ground beef, onion, pepper, and garlic until the beef is done; drain off excess fat.
- 2Add tomato sauce, tomatoes, and spices; simmer for 2 minutes.
- 3Place a layer of 4 tortillas in the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch baking pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray; place a layer of the beef mixture over top, then 4 more tortillas, the beans, the final 4 tortillas, and the rest of the beef mixture.
- 4Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- 5Sprinkle with cheese and return to oven until cheese has melted.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Taco Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (283 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 362.5
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 63.8 mg
- Sodium 122.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 22.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
no-salt-added kidney beans