Recipe by Lvs2Cook
An easy casserole, it's become a favorite of ours. You can easily spice it up or down -- whichever you prefer. A nice change from regular tacos. I think I got the recipe on meals.com where it was highly rated.
Top Review by bmcnichol
I always have taco shells sitting around so this was easy and quick to put together. I followed the recipe as written other then I didn't use the green onions or the green chilies as I am not a fan. This was good and easy to make. I did cover mine with foil when cooking. Made for Fall PAC 2009.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup taco sauce, medium
- 4 ounces diced green chilies
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (4 5/8 ounce) packageof 12 taco shells, broken
- 2 cups mild cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- 1⁄4 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄8 cup green onion, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- Cook beef, onion and garlic until beef is browned; drain. Stir in water, taco sauce, chilies, and seasoning mix. Cook over low heat for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Layer half of broken taco shells on bottom of greased 12x8 baking dish. Cover with half of meat sauce; sprinkle with 1 cup cheese. Repeat with remaining shells, meat sauce and cheese. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Top with remaining olives, tomatoes, and green onions.