A great 1pot meal using common ingredients and standard cassarole baking time and temp 30 mins at 350F. My dad used to make this alot when I was a kid.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (32 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans (optional)
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce) packages chili seasoning mix (1 mild and 1 spicy)
- 1 small onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 (8 ounce) packages Mexican blend cheese (shreaded, reserve 4oz for topping)
- 22 ounces tortilla chips (plain round)
- 1Brown ground beef in a 3-5qt oven safe pan (Dutch oven) and put aside on paper towels to drain.
- 2Reserve 2 tablespoons of the fat from the browned meat in the pan.
- 3Finely chop the onion and garlic and add to the pan cooking over medium low heat till onions are translucent.
- 4Return meat to the pan also adding the spaghetti sauce, kidney beans, and chili seasoning.
- 5Once the mixture is heated through set aside in a bowl leaving a thin layer of chili mixture in the pan.
- 6Now we can begin layering with a single layer of chips, a layer of chili mixture, and a layer of cheese.
- 7Repeat the last step till you run out of the chili mixture.
- 8To top off the cassarole crush some of the remaining chips and add them to the reserved cheese and sprinkle over the top of the cassarole.
- 9Bake the cassarole covered for 20 min at 350F.
- 10Then uncover and bake for the remaining 10 min.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Taco Bueno
Serving Size: 1 (341 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 872.4
- Calories from Fat 458
- Total Fat 50.9 g
- Saturated Fat 18.1 g
- Cholesterol 117.3 mg
- Sodium 1605.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 14.4 g
- Protein 36.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chili seasoning mix