Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is a copycat of Taco Bell's Cantina Steak Quesadilla which was available when the Cantina Bell menu was offered.
- 3 tablespoons Mexican blend cheese
- 1 wedge swiss cheese, chopped (The Laughing Cow Light Creamy)
- 5 pickled jalapeno peppers, finely chopped
- 1 portobello mushroom, sliced (stem removed)
- 2 ounces raw lean flank steak, thinly sliced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 medium large flour tortilla
- sour cream
- In a small bowl, combine shredded cheese, cheese wedge, and jalapenos. Stir until uniform.
- Halve portobello slices widthwise. Bring a large skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium high heat. Add portobello pieces and stir until softened and lightly browned (4 minutes).
- Add sliced steak, sprinkle with seasonings and stir for about 2 minutes, until just cooked through.
- Lay tortilla flat and spread with cheese mixture. Evenly top one half with cooked steak and mushroom slices. If needed, clean skillet.
- Respray and bring to medium heat. Place the loaded tortilla flat in the skillet, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Using a spatula, fold the cheese-only half of the tortilla over the filling, and press lightly to seal. Carefully flip and cook until crispy, about 2 minutes. Slice into wedges.