Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Ok, so this isn't authentic (I don't think - I am not middle eastern), but it is my adaptation of the Near East brand taboule. I was trying to match the old Broad Street Bakery recipe - which I loved - through supermarket brand taboules and this is what I came up with. It is awesome, I promise - Patrick loves it when I make this.
- 1 (5 1/4 ounce) package bulgur wheat (I use Far East brand taboule, prepackaged, but I am sure any brand will work, but I don't use just p)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chickpeas, washed and drained
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- Prepare taboule according to directions (for Far East, you will boil some water and pour one cup of it into a bowl and empty the contents of the box and the spice package into it; you then let it sit for half an hour, covered, in the refrigerator).
- Once the taboule has sat and cooled, add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Let chill, covered, in the refrigerator for several hours and you are finished!