Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
This is a recipe that was on my first Cookbook software. A Cook. I don't know if it is still on the market, but it did provide many good recipes!
- 2 cups coarse cracked wheat or 2 cups bulgur wheat
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1⁄4 cup of fresh mint, minced
- 1⁄2 cup scallion, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup olive oil
- pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup cucumber, chopped
- In a large pyrex casserole, with a lid, put the cracked wheat and salt. Cover with boiling water and put the lid on, while you prepare the other ingredients; leave covered for at least 3/4 hour.
- Drain off the excess water and toss the wheat with the other prepared ingredients. Leave it to marinate for an hour. This is especially good with lamb or grilled meat.
- Prep time includes marinating time.