Recipe by Kimke
These are great. The recipe was originally from one of the Moosewood cookbooks with a bit of tweaking. They recommend "follow the cooking method exactly, as it is critical to the success of this dish. Both the wok and the oil should be hot, and the beans should cook quickly over high heat. They will attain an indescribable texture, both crunchy and very tender at the same time. Also, try to hang in there with the full quantity of garlic. The intense cooking heat will take the edge off it, leaving behind just the right amount of flavor." ENJOY!
- 4 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 lbs fresh green beans
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Place a medium-large wok or heavy deep skillet over medium high heat.
- After a minute, add the oil.
- Wait a minute or so, and add the green beans.
- Turn the heat to high and stir fry for about 5 minutes, or until the beans are well seared.
- Add the garlic, salt, and ginger (and optional red pepper).
- Stir-fry for several more minutes, then remove from heat.
- Serve hot, warm, or at room temperature.