My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Chinese wine or 2 teaspoons dry sherry
- 1/4 teaspoon five-spice powder, extra
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1/2 cup oil (for frying)
- 3 -12 dried red chilies, seeded
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ginger, finely chopped
- 4 scallions, chopped in 2 inch lengths
- 1Cut meat into bite-size pieces.
- 2Mix cornstarch, salt, and five spice powder, and toss chicken pieces to dust.
- 3Mix stock, sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, vineger, wine, five spice powder, and pepper together.
- 4Mix cornstarch and cold water.
- 5Heat oil very hot.
- 6Add 1/3 of the chicken pieces, and fry on high heat to brown all over.
- 7Repeat until all chicken is cooked, draining each batch on absorbent paper.
- 8Pour off all but 2 tbs.
- 9of oil.
- 10Add chiles, garlic, and ginger, and stir fry until garlic is golden.
- 11Add scallions and toss for a few seconds.
- 12Add stock mixture and bring to a boil.
- 13Stir cornstarch mixture and add; stir until thickened.
- 14Add chicken and toss to heat through.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Szechuan Fried Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (245 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 456.5
- Calories from Fat 282
- Total Fat 31.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 73.5 mg
- Sodium 1014.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 26.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: