Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Very tasty easy dish. You can use other seafood in this same sauce just be careful if you are doing prawn, that you don't over cook them. Marinate them in the sauce, remove and cook in the wok for 3 minutes,remove from wok, cook sauce and put the prawns in for about 1 more minute
- 1 lb red snapper (or other firm white fish) or 1 lb cod, cut onto 1 1/2" pieces (or other firm white fish)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup fish stock (or use chicken stock)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili pepper, crushed
- In a wok brown the fish on all sides with the green onion& garlic.
- Combine remaining ingredients and pour over the fish.
- Cover& cook on low heat for 20 minutes.
My Husband loves Szechuan So this was the perect dish for him. He loved it. The flavours blended well, I served it with a veggie stir-fry. Thank-you so much. Polly.
Tasty and simple to make. I was too chicken to brown the fish and simmer for 20 mins as I felt it would be over cooked, so I just simmered for as long as I dared before adding some prawns for a final quick simmer. I did thicken slightly with cornflour but don't feel it was entirely necessary. Quick and YUM!
This was a great dish, Bergy! So simple to put together. Didn't need to change a thing. Oops, did use a veggie stock as it was what I had on hand. Served over white rice w/stir-fry veggies of course. Will have again. Thnx for posting, Bergy,.