Recipe by Pantheress
This dish is really easy to make and tastes GREAT!! Comes originally from Syria. This dish tastes really uniques and original. Ideal to impress people with something new.
Top Review by ahna84
I made this but I fried the chicken a little bit with cinnamon and cumin after boiling it with cinnamon, bayleaf and cardamum. Also I added a little mint to the yoghurt and garnished the dish with fried pine-nuts!
- 2 cups rice
- 2 cups water
- 500 g cooked chicken breasts (boiled)
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 4 tablespoons garlic (crushed and made to paste)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 4 loaves thin pita bread
- 1⁄2 cup chickpeas (boiled)
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil rice in 2 cups of water until cooked and all water evaporates.
- Cut bread into small squares.
- Fry bread in a pan with vegetable oil until it turns orange and crispy.
- Mix yogurt, garlic and salt and pepper.
- Pplace in a casserole rice in bottom.
- Then add a layer of chicken.
- Add the bread then spread the yogurt mix to cover all surface and sprinkle the chickpeas on top.
- Serve immediately before the bread gets soft.