Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a great lunch or quick dinner favorite in our family. All I do is freeze left over chilli and when I feel like it will make some buns and fill them with the chilli. I use my 2 hour bun recipe, it works great.
- 3 cups warm water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fast rising yeast (fermipan or flieshman)
- 2 beaten eggs
- 7 -9 cups flour
- 36 tablespoons leftover chili
- Combine first 5 ingredients.
- Add eggs and enough flour to make a soft dough.
- Put into bowl and pat with oil.
- Cover with a towel and let rise 15 minutes.
- Punch down after the 15 minutes and repeat 3 more times to make an hour.
- Take some bun dough and spread it out and put a tablespoons of chilli inside and seal the dough around it.
- Try and not have too many thin spots.
- Put onto prepared greased baking sheets.
- Let rise another hour.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 15-20 minutes.