Recipe by CookingMonster
I found this recipe in a Community Cookbook, and made revisions to it to suite our taste. Easily freezes.
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 cup pepperoni, sliced, and fried to crisp
- 10 lasagna noodles, cooked
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 onion, medium and chopped finely
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped (optional)
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 (30 g) can tomato paste
- 1 cup pasta sauce
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 2 teaspoons parsley flakes
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown hamburger. Add Italian spice, oregano, onion, green pepper, celery, garlic, salt and pepper, tomato paste, and pasta sauce.
- In small bowl, combine, cottage cheese, parsley, egg and Parmesan cheese. Mix well.
- Layer bottom of lasagne dish with 3 cooked noodles, top with hamburger mix. Place 3 more noodles on top. Cover with cottage cheese mixture. Place 3 more noodles on top and cover with grated cheese. Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes to an hour.
- Note* After baking let stand 1/2 hour before cutting. It comes out in one piece.
- Also tastes better if made the day before.