- 4 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 cups light cream
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups pecan halves
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the sugar, baking soda, cream of tartar, and light cream in a bowl.
- Heat to approximately 245°F (be sure to keep stirring it).
- Remove it from heat just before it starts boiling.
- Add the butter, pecans, and vanilla; stir well.
- Place onto wax paper
- Form medium-sized pieces with caramel and the pecans.
- Cool and enjoy!